The last Monday, I passed the Microsoft AZ-301 exam: Microsoft Azure Architect Design. And I can now finally call myself a Microsoft Certified for Azure Solutions Architect. I am really happy, it was hard work but I think it was worth it.
To prepare for the exam I have used different resources such as training portals, online courses, and reading material. Below I will show you those resources and the time I dedicated to each of them.
One of the sources that I have consulted has been Microsoft Learn, this new educational platform is just great and comes to replace the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA). On this platform, complete the following learning paths:
- Architect network infrastructure in Azure (8h 59m).
- Architect storage infrastructure in Azure (6h 7m).
- Architect computes infrastructure in Azure (6h 54m).
- Architect infrastructure operations in Azure (3h 58m).
- Architect a data platform in Azure (8h 5m).
- Architect message brokering and serverless applications in Azure (6h 20m).
- Architect API integration in Azure (3h 44m).
- Architect migration, business continuity, and disaster recovery in Azure (6h 36m).
Another source that you can use to reinforce the concepts is to take the Pluralsight courses, in special the following courses:
- Design Governance and Identity Management in Microsoft Azure (3h 43m)
- Design a Compute Strategy for Microsoft Azure (4h 31m)
- Design Authentication for Microsoft Azure (3h 7m)
- Design Authorization for Microsoft Azure (2h 24m)
- Design a Networking Strategy for Microsoft Azure (3h 36m)
- Design a Data Management Strategy for Microsoft Azure (1h 36m)
- Design a Data Protection Strategy with Microsoft Azure (1h 32m)
- Design and Document Data Flows with Microsoft Azure (1h 16m)
- Plan for Data Warehousing with Microsoft Azure (1h 17m)
- Designing a Monitoring Strategy for the Microsoft Azure Data Platform (39m)
- Design a Monitoring Strategy for Identity and Security in Microsoft Azure (1h 31m)
- Design for Risk Prevention in Microsoft Azure (2h 22m)
- Design a Monitoring Strategy for Infrastructure in Microsoft Azure (2h 42m)
- Design Auditing for Microsoft Azure (2h 34m)
- Designing for High Availability on Microsoft Azure (1h 53m)
An excellent and very intensive course but highly recommended if you want to become a Microsoft certified cloud solutions architect
- Take your time to cover all the topics included in the exam.
- Open an Azure account and test, research the capabilities of the resources and check the available features.
- Use templates to deploy test environments more quickly.
I hope this information will be useful.
If you want to know more about the AZ-301 exam, check out this link:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-301