Today, I passed the Microsoft exam 70-339: Managing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016. This test validates your skills and knowledge necessary to install, configure, implement and manage SharePoint 2016 installations in a data center and in the cloud.
This exam will measure the following skills:
- The steps to install SharePoint Server 2016, using both the user interface provided by Microsoft and PowerShell.
- Plan authentication and Security.
- Deploy add-ins, either from the store or from your own custom app catalog.
- Configure Search Service Application using either the provided user interface or PowerShell.
- Configure business intelligence service applications such as SSRS, PowerPivot, and Performance Point.
- The steps to migrate to SharePoint Server 2016 from either SharePoint Server 2010 or 2013.
- High availability, disaster recovery, patches and ways to monitor and maintain your SharePoint 2016 implementation.
To prepare for the exam I used different resources such as Azure free (or paid) account, e-books, and Pluralsight courses.
If you plan to take that exam, you must have experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability, as well as experience with PowerShell.
If you want to know more about the exam, check out this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-339.aspx