This morning I passed the Microsoft exam 70-417 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012, which is a composite of three standalone exams: 70-410, 70-411, and 70-412. Exam 70-417 validates skills related to core features and functionality of Windows Server 2012 R2 from the existing knowledge base of a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator for Windows Server 2008.
This exam measures the following skills:
EXAM 70-410 #
- Install and configure servers
- Configure server roles and features
- Configure Hyper-V
- Deploy and configure core network services
- Install and administer Active Directory
EXAM 70-411 #
- Deploy, manage and maintain servers
- Configure network services and access
- Configure a network policy server infrastructure
- Configure and manage Active Directory
- Configure and manage Group Policy
EXAM 70-412 #
- Configure and manage high availability
- Configure file and storage solutions
- Implement business continuity and disaster recovery
- Configure network services
- Configure identity and access solutions
If you want to take that exam, you should be familiar with the above products and the solutions. Otherwise, you will have a hard time passing the exam.
To know more about the exam, check out this link.