This morning I took the Microsoft exam 70-640 Configuring Windows Server 2008 R2 Active Directory Services, which focuses on the skill and ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot Active Directory running on Windows Server 2008 R2.
This exam measures the following skills:
- Create a forest or domain and raise the forest and domain functional level
- Recognize the functions of the ADMT
- Configure sites and subnets
- Recognize the operations masters and their roles
- Recognize how to remove a domain
- Configure a trust
- Recognize the features of RODCs and install an RODC in a forest
- Recognize the new features of Active Directory Rights Management Services
- Recognize the features of Active Directory Certificate Services
- Recognize the features of AD RMS and configure AD RMS
- Install role services
- Configure the web server
- Configure the federation server
- Distinguish between the domain account policies
- Create and edit a GPO using the GPMC
- Recognize the features of GPO administrative and security templates
- Configure administrative templates
- Recognize the new features in the Windows Server 2008 DNS server
- Identify the advantages of integrating DNS with AD DS
If you want to take that exam, you should be familiar with the abovementioned products and solutions. Otherwise, you will have a hard time passing the exam.
To know more about the exam, check out this link.