Today, I passed the Microsoft AZ-300 exam: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies. This is the first of the two exams that I am required to pass, in order to obtain the “Microsoft Certified for Azure Solutions Architect” again.
How to prepare for the exam
To prepare for the exam I have used different resources such as training portals, online courses, and reading material. Below I will show you those resources and the time I dedicated to each of them.
One of the sources that I have consulted has been Microsoft Learn, this new educational platform is just great and comes to replace the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA). On this platform, complete the following learning paths:
- Architect network infrastructure in Azure (8h 59m).
- Architect storage infrastructure in Azure (6h 7m).
- Architect computes infrastructure in Azure (6h 54m).
- Architect infrastructure operations in Azure (3h 58m).
- Architect a data platform in Azure (8h 5m).
- Architect message brokering and serverless applications in Azure (6h 20m).
- Architect API integration in Azure (3h 44m).
- Architect migration, business continuity, and disaster recovery in Azure (6h 36m).
Another source that you can use to reinforce the concepts is to take the Pluralsight courses, in special the following courses:
- Implementing and Managing Microsoft Azure Multi-factor Authentication (5h 16m).
- Managing Identities in Microsoft Azure Active Directory (2h 18m).
- Microsoft Azure Hybrid Identity – Overview (2h 16m).
- Managing Microsoft Azure Role-Based Access Control (1h 36m).
- Monitoring Microsoft Azure Resources and Workloads (1h 28m).
- Creating and Configuring Microsoft Azure Storage Accounts (3h 54m).
- Managing Microsoft Azure Virtual Networks (1h 39m).
- Connecting Microsoft Azure Virtual Networks (1h 2m).
- Connecting On-premises Networks with Azure Virtual Network (0h 53m).
- Managing Network Load Balancing in Microsoft Azure (1h 23m).
- Configuring Serverless Computing in Microsoft Azure (2h 3m).
- Deploying a Virtual Machine in Microsoft Azure (1h 16m).
- Deploying Multiple Virtual Machines in Microsoft Azure (1h 43m).
- Migrating Physical and Virtual Servers to Microsoft Azure (oh 57m).
- Implementing Web and Mobile Services on Microsoft Azure (3h 56m).
- Understanding the Programming Models of Azure Service Fabric (3h 47m).
- Microsoft Azure Batch: Getting Started (2h 36m).
- Microsoft Azure Developer: Deploying and Managing Containers (3h 51m).
- Microsoft Azure Developer: Enterprise Messaging and Eventing (2h 27m).
An excellent and very intensive course but highly recommended if you want to become a Microsoft certified cloud solutions architect
Microsoft Press – ebook
As for the reading material, I have used the ebook: “Exam Ref AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies”.
I hope this information will be useful.
If you want to know more about the AZ-300 exam, check out this link:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-300