The last Friday, I passed the Microsoft exam AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions. For the first time, due to the global pandemic, I have taken the exam using OnVUE’s online proctored exam mode and I must say it is a very convenient alternative. This exam, in my opinion, is complex due to the knowledge that must be had on all the technologies involved.
If you plan to take that exam, please note that in this exam you will need to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to implement and design DevOps practices for version control, compliance, infrastructure as code, configuration management, build, release, and testing by using Azure technologies.
Here a list of the skills and objectives measured on this exam:
- Design a DevOps strategy.
- Recommend a migration and consolidation strategy for DevOps tools.
- Design and implement an Agile work management approach.
- Design a quality strategy.
- Design a secure development process.
- Design a tool integration strategy.
- Implement DevOps development processes.
- Design a version control strategy.
- Implement and integrate source control.
- Implement and manage build infrastructure.
- Implement code flow.
- Implement a mobile DevOps strategy.
- Managing application configuration and secrets.
- Implement continuous integration.
- Manage code quality and security policies.
- Implement a container build strategy.
- Implement a build strategy.
- Implement continuous delivery.
- Design a release strategy.
- Set up a release management workflow.
- Implement an appropriate deployment pattern.
- Implement dependency management.
- Design a dependency management strategy.
- Manage security and compliance.
- Implement application infrastructure.
- Design an infrastructure and configuration management strategy.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Manage Azure Kubernetes Service infrastructure.
- Implement infrastructure compliance and security.
- Implement continuous feedback.
- Recommend and design system feedback mechanisms.
- Implement process for routing system feedback to development teams.
- Optimize feedback mechanisms.
If you want to know more about the exam, check out this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-400