The last Monday, I passed the Microsoft exam MS-100: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services. Again, due to the global pandemic, I have taken the exam using OnVUE’s online proctored modality. I am very excited to obtain a new Microsoft certification.
About the Exam
This exam measures your ability to perform the following technical tasks:
- Design and implement Microsoft 365 services.
- Manage user identity and roles.
- Manage access and authentication.
- Plan Office 365 applications and workloads.
If you plan to take this exam, my recommendation is that you take the MS-900 exam first. This exam provides you with a solid foundation on which to start a certification career in Microsoft 365.
How to prepare for the exam
To prepare for the exam I have used different resources such as training portals, online courses, and reading material. Below I will show you those resources and the time I dedicated to each of them.
One of the sources that I have consulted has been Microsoft Learn, this new educational platform is just great and comes to replace the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA). On this platform, complete the following learning paths:
- Manage security with Microsoft 365 (44m).
- Manage identity and access in Azure Active Directory (6h 8m).
- Protect enterprise information with Microsoft 365 (1h).
- Protect identity and access with Microsoft 365 (1h).
- Defend against threats with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft threat protection(58m).
Another source that you can use to reinforce the concepts is to take the Pluralsight courses, in special the following courses:
- Managing Microsoft 365 Identity and Services (5h 49m).
- Managing and Synchronizing Microsoft 365 Azure Identities (47m).
Microsoft Press – ebook
As for reading material, I have used the official book of the exam: Exam Ref MS-100 Microsoft 365 Identity and Services.
I hope this information will be useful.
If you want to know more about the exam, check out this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/ms-100