The last Monday, I passed the Microsoft exam MS-100: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services. Again, due to the global pandemic, I have taken the exam using OnVUE’s online proctored modality. I am very excited to obtain a new Microsoft certification.
About the Exam #
This exam measures your ability to perform the following technical tasks:
- Design and implement Microsoft 365 services.
- Manage user identity and roles.
- Manage access and authentication.
- Plan Office 365 applications and workloads.
If you plan to take this exam, my recommendation is that you take the MS-900 exam first. This exam provides you with a solid foundation on which to start a certification career in Microsoft 365.
How to prepare for the exam #
To prepare for the exam I have used different resources such as training portals, online courses, and reading material. Below I will show you those resources and the time I dedicated to each of them.
Microsoft Learn #
One of the sources that I have consulted has been Microsoft Learn, this new educational platform is just great and comes to replace the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA). On this platform, complete the following learning paths:
- Manage security with Microsoft 365 (44m).
- Manage identity and access in Azure Active Directory (6h 8m).
- Protect enterprise information with Microsoft 365 (1h).
- Protect identity and access with Microsoft 365 (1h).
- Defend against threats with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft threat protection(58m).
Pluralsight courses #
Another source that you can use to reinforce the concepts is to take the Pluralsight courses, in special the following courses:
- Managing Microsoft 365 Identity and Services (5h 49m).
- Managing and Synchronizing Microsoft 365 Azure Identities (47m).
Microsoft Press - ebook #
As for reading material, I have used the official book of the exam: Exam Ref MS-100 Microsoft 365 Identity and Services. I hope this information will be useful.
If you want to know more about the exam, check out this link.