This week I took – and passed – the Microsoft exam MS-900: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals. This is my last certification badge for this year, but I have already planned the exams that I will take next year …
This exam is ideal for starting a certification path in the Microsoft SaaS cloud model. The preparation of the exam will provide you a solid knowledge base and allow you to know the applications and features available in Microsoft 365.
This exam will measure the following skills:
- Cloud concepts.
- The different types of cloud services available: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Public, Private, and Hybrid.
- Microsoft 365 services and concepts.
- The core Microsoft 365 components
- Compare core services in Microsoft 365 with corresponding on-premises services.
- Understand the Windows-as-a-Service (WaaS) model.
- Microsoft 365 Admin Center and M365 user portal.
- Office 365 ProPlus.
- The Enterprise Mobility + Security solution.
- Analytics capabilities in Microsoft 365.
- Understand security and compliance concepts with Microsoft 365.
- Identity and access in Microsoft 365.
- Threat protection in Microsoft 365.
- Microsoft 365 Security Center.
- The concepts of cloud identity, on-premises identity, and hybrid identity.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- The Service Trust Portal and Compliance manager
- Microsoft 365 pricing and support
- The different licensing and payment models available for M365.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Understand the service lifecycle in Microsoft 365.
If you plan to take that exam, you should really be familiar with the products and solutions mentioned above. To prepare for the exam, I completed the Microsoft Learn “Microsoft 365 Fundamentals” learning path. You also have a Practice Test on the Measureup website if you want to check your knowledge before taking the exam. But if you are looking for a book or an e-book, the official study guide will be on sale at the Microsoft Press Store on February 4.
I hope you find this information useful and good luck!
To know more about the exam, check out this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/ms-900