Last Tuesday, I passed the Microsoft exam SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator. It isn’t easy and requires a lot of work. Still, I think this exam is the best way to demonstrate your knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, and managing an identity and access management solution with Azure Active Directory. If you are considering taking this exam, the following information may be helpful to you.
Skills and knowledge
This exam measures the following skills and knowledge:
- Implement an identity management solution.
- Implement an authentication and access management solution.
- Implement access management for apps.
- Plan and implement an identity governance strategy.
- Microsoft Identity and Access: Implementing an Identity Management Solution. (1h 32m)
- Microsoft Identity and Access: Implementing an Authentication and Access Management Solution. (2h 9m)
- Microsoft Identity and Access: Implementing Access Management for Apps. (1h 27m)
- Microsoft Identity and Access: Implementing an Identity Governance Strategy. (1h 10m)
- Managing Microsoft Azure Active Directory. (2h 58m)
- Microsoft Azure Security Engineer: Manage Application Access. (42m)
One of the sources consulted has been Microsoft Learn. This Microsoft education platform is just great and is a must-see if you want to get certified in Microsoft technologies. On this platform, complete the following learning paths:
- SC-300 part 1: Implement an identity management solution. (3h 38m)
- SC-300 part 2: Implement an Authentication and Access Management solution. (3h 11m)
- SC-300 part 3: Implement Access Management for Apps. (2h 7m)
- SC-300 part 4: Plan and implement an identity governance strategy. (3h 9m)
- Take your time to cover all the topics included in the exam.
- Open a Microsoft 365 trial account and Microsoft Azure account and try out and research the different technologies’ capabilities.
I hope you find this helpful information and good luck!
If you want to know more about the exam, check out this link.