In the last weeks, I received many questions regarding how to prepare for the Microsoft Azure Exam AZ-400. That is why today I want to tell you in this post, my journey and tips to reach that goal.
Important: If you want to earn this certification, you must first pass one of the following exams:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate.
How to prepare for the exam
To prepare for the exam I have used different resources such as training portals, online courses, and reading material. Below I will show you those resources and the time I dedicated to each of them.
One of the sources consulted has been Microsoft Learn, this new education platform is simply great and comes to replace the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA).On this platform, I did the followings learning Path:
- Evolve your DevOps practices (1h 57m).
- Build applications with Azure DevOps (6h 45m).
- Deploy applications with Azure DevOps (8h 51m).
- Automate your deployments with Azure DevOps (4h 6m).
- Capture feedback and monitoring data to continuously improve your software (1h 46m).
Another source that you can use to reinforce the concepts is to take the Pluralsight courses, in special the following courses:
- Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer (33h 48m).
- Continuous Delivery and DevOps With Azure DevOps (7h 50m).
Excellent Azure DevOps course with an excellent combination of hands-on labs and high-quality material. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in learning DevOps at a deeper level.
- Azure DevOps Bootcamp (8 weeks)
Packt Publishing – ebook
As for reading material, I have used the book: Learning DevOps. A very dynamic book and basically focused on the practical aspect.
I hope this information will be useful.
If you want to know more about Azure DevOps Engineer Expert certification, check out this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/devops-engineer