Yesterday I passed the Microsoft exam SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals. In my opinion, it is an excellent opportunity to validate your knowledge of the security level of both Azure and Microsoft 365 if you want to start a career in security in Microsoft cloud-based services.
For the Microsoft SC-900 exam, you must be familiar with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 and must have the ability to understand how Microsoft’s security, compliance, and identity solutions can encompass these solution areas to provide end-to-end solutions. This exam measures the following skills and knowledge:
- Security, Compliance, and Identity Basics.
- Microsoft identity and access management solution capabilities.
- Microsoft security solution capabilities.
- Microsoft compliance solution capabilities.
How to prepare for the exam #
For this exam, I have only used the resources available in Microsoft Learn. There is no official book available when writing this article, and Pluralsight currently does not have a specific learning path for this exam. Next, I will show you the resources and the time I dedicated to each of them.
Microsoft Learn #
One of the sources consulted has been Microsoft Learn. This Microsoft education platform is just great and is a must-see if you want to get certified in Microsoft technologies. On this platform, complete the following learning paths:
- SC-900 Part 1:Describe the concepts of security, compliance, and identity. (33m)
- SC-900 Part 2:Describe the capabilities of Microsoft Identity and access management solution. (1h 47m)
- SC-900 Part 3:Describe the capabilities of Microsoft security solutions. (2h 16m)
- SC-900 Part 4:Describe the capabilities of Microsoft compliance solutions. (2h 28m)
My Tips #
- Take your time to cover all the topics included in the exam.
- Open a Microsoft 365 trial account and a Microsoft Azure account and try out, and research the capabilities of the different technologies.
I hope you find this helpful information and good luck!
If you want to know more about the exam, check out this link.